Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group honors top award winners for 2012
March 18, 2013
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel groups, honored its top-performing hotels, general managers and employees at the company's 2013 Full Service Brands Business Conference held recently at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago. Following are highlights of the top award winners for Radisson® and Park Inn by Radisson.
2012 Radisson Hotel of the Year
- Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, Saskatoon, Canada named Radisson's 2012 Hotel of Year was selected from 144 hotels in the Americas. The award is presented to the property that has achieved outstanding performance in guest satisfaction, employee engagement and revenue generation. The 291-room downtown hotel recently completed an $18 million renovation and is ranked one of the top five Saskatoon hotels on TripAdvisor.
- 2012 Park Inn by Radisson Adding Color to Life
Park Inn by Radisson, DFW Airport South in Irving, Texas, for the second consecutive year, this hotel has earned the Adding Color to Life award. The award is presented to the hotel that best demonstrates the brand's philosophy by making a difference for the guests, the communities and our company. The 200-room hotel has achieved the highest guest satisfaction index and employee engagement scores for the brand.
- 2012 New Hotel of the Year
Radisson Hotel Maiorana Belem, Belem, Brazil named the 2012 New Hotel of the Year opened in May, 2012 holds the #1 spot in Belem on TripAdvisor. The 156-room hotel boasts spacious, modern rooms located in the heart of Belem.
- 2012 Responsible Business of the Year
Radisson Poliforum Plaza Leon, Mexico is the first hotel in its state to be carbon neutral certified and has an active environmental program. For the second consecutive year, the hotel has been designated by the state authority as a socially responsible workplace. They also raise funds to help colleagues with financial hardships and started a recycling program that raises funds to provide complimentary medical care for employees.
- 2012 Park Inn by Radisson Employee of the Year
Dawn Miller, front desk associate from the Park Inn by Radisson, Sharon, Pa., started in housekeeping 32 years ago at her hotel. Dawn has achieved the highest level in Adding Color to Life, the hotels' employee recognition program for outstanding guest-service.
- 2012 Radisson Employee of the Year
Pasoto Odwar, banquet houseman from the Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport, Nashville, Tenn., emigrated from Sudan in 1995. Pasoto started at the hotel in 2000, and has been named 'Employee of the Month' five times. His positive energy and team spirit constantly win him praise. He is active in his community and founded We Care, a foundation that helps schools in southern Sudan.
- General Manager of the Year
Zan Wagner, general manager, Radisson Hotel, Colorado Springs, Colo., a 25-year veteran, worked in every department at his hotel before becoming general manager. Zan is the ultimate host to the hotels' guests and leads his staff by example.