Carlson Hotels Worldwide Announces Executive Leadership Appointments and Structural Changes to Support New Three-Year Strategic Plan
October 29, 2008
Carlson Hotels Worldwide today announced several executive appointments and structural changes in its senior leadership team.
- Fredrik Korallus, formerly executive vice president of revenue generation, has been named executive vice president and chief operating officer of a new organizational entity: Radisson Hotels & Resorts Operating Company
- Wendy Nelson, executive vice president of Carlson Hotels Real Estate Company, has been named to a new position of executive vice president of brand strategy for Radisson Hotels & Resorts
- Steve Mogck, executive vice president of franchise operations for select service hotels, was named executive vice president and chief operating officer of another new organizational entity: Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Operating Company
- Nancy Johnson, formerly executive vice president of franchise operations for full service hotels and franchise development, was named chief development officer for all Carlson Hotel brands in the Americas
- Bob Kleinschmidt, chief financial officer, has taken on additional responsibilities as chief administrative officer, responsible for the areas of finance, legal, operational support services, technical services and procurement
- Paula Winkler, chief information officer, has taken on additional responsibilities for operational support services including the areas of information technology, distribution, revenue optimization, loyalty programs, training, education and development plus property support services
"We are pleased to announce these key executive appointments and structural changes that position Carlson Hotels Worldwide to implement a new three-year strategic plan," said Jay Witzel, president and CEO of Carlson Hotels Worldwide. "In the Americas, an important focus of the plan is on our two largest brands, Radisson Hotels & Resorts and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson and this new structure is designed to provide organizational alignment that supports them," Witzel added.
The Radisson and Country Inn operating companies will each include their own teams for the functions of marketing, sales, hotel management, franchise field support, brand standards, guest satisfaction plus product and service quality. Carlson's Park Inn brand will be supported through the Country Inn Operating Company. Carlson's Regent Luxury Group is not affected by these changes.